Friday, August 9, 2013

Breastfeeding without pain???

According to +Wikipedia Breastfeeding is the feeding of an infant or young child with breast milk directly from female human breasts (i.e., via lactation) rather than using infant formula from a baby bottle or other container. +BabyCenter says Breastfeeding is best for your baby, and it's good for your health, too.
I found out that all of this is true, but they have no idea on how difficult it can be. When my baby was born I was determine to breastfeed her, not because of me but because I wanted her to have the best I can give her. First milk, called colostrum, was going to give her protection against infections, but got very  frustrated when my baby did not wanted to latch, and worst, my breasts got engorge making it even more difficult and painful. Impotence got the best of me and TEARS started running down my face. Good thing that the hospital had a pump and classes for new moms on how to breastfeed successfully. another thing that helped me a lot were forums full of women that were going through the same thing as me.

After days of struggling, now I can say that my baby is being fully breastfed, she is 7 weeks old and doing great!!! So, my advise?? Do not give up, it will hurt, it will make you cry, it will be difficult, but at the end it will be the best for both, mom and baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment