Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Transitioning... when is OK 4 baby to sleep by herself.

I had my baby through a C-Section due to past medical history, and since my bed is really high we opted by letting baby sleep with me because, as all newborn, they wake up every one or two hours, I was breast feeding and was very ill to be going up and down bed). since then I got used to see my baby next to me. But now I feel mix emotions since time has come to let baby sleep by herself and getting her into a real routine. Lots of people, as usual, are telling me that i'll regret the decision of letting her sleep with me, that my baby will not get use to sleep in the crib, that I should lower the times I breast feed her at night so that she doesn't wake up so much, and so on. I know, is annoying having to hear everybody's opinion, but what are u going to do, right??
Trying to answer my question on when is OK  4 u baby to sleep alone I found this article on how to get u baby to sleep through the night  that tells u a bunch of things that are true, but may not apply to u and u baby. What I found out this last couple of nights is that babies are different, they're human and we all are different. U have to find u own path, let days pass and try different things to find the right way to make this transition easy.
With me???? I'm the one suffering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My baby still wakes up twice at night to breast feed, no matter where she sleeps, and I'm the one awake missing her next to me.
There is no answers but behaviors to watch, signs to catch and make the best of it. At the end everybody get through it, some people and babies make take longer to take that step, to make that routing, but it will happen.

If u still need help, or ideas read Baby Sleep Training: Mistakes “Experts” and Parents Make.

Please comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment